Homeowners are encouraged to follow these Halloween safety tips...
- Make sure your front yard, steps, and entryway are well-lit. Turn on all outdoor lights and replace any bulbs that may have burned out.
- Consider adding pathway lights or flash lights if your front yard or walkway needs some extra lighting.
- Rake and sweep your front pathway, steps, and porch. Remove any potential tripping hazards.
- Highlight any bulging tree roots or other hazards.
- Never run extension cords through traffic areas.
- Avoid open flames, such as candles and torches. Use battery-operated candles, glow sticks, and flashlights instead.
- Some children have food allergies. Consider adding non-candy treats, such as temporary tattoos, stickers, pencils, and erasers.